Blend + SketchFlow Preview for VS 2012

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Hi All.
Trying to get this working with Blend+SketchFlow Preview for VS 2012.
Copied the csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip to Blend Preview\Project Templates\en\CSharp\WindowsPhone\WindowsPhone and got Windows Phone category with Windows Phone SketchFlow Application template in New Project dialog.
However when select it and proceed getting the following error:
"New Project failed. Could not find file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Blend Preview\ProjectTemplates\en\CSharp\WindowsPhone\WindowsPhone\csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip[ControlLibrary\AssemblyInfo.cs]."
while the file is actually there.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Hi. I managed to solve the problem by comparing csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip with csSilverlightPrototype.zip included in the Preview.

It seems that that the new zip file format is flattened so that all the files are on the top level of the archive and prepended with their folder names, i.e "ControlLibrary"\"AssemblyInfo.cs" becomes "ControlLibrary\AssemblyInfo.cs". 

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Hi,

I've have the same issue but I'm not sure to undersatand the solution, the two zip seems to be the same on my machine.

Can you share your zip or the Tools you have used to convert the zip ?

Thanks.
Feb 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM
@dennari could you share the updated csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip please? Cannot get a flattened structure with archive tools unfortunately. thanks in advance!
noway2go@gmail.com
Jun 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM
yes please share.
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yes, would be very nice to share. Plese, pretty please?
Dec 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
This would be great to have, please share
Jan 20, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Hey all I know this is an older thread but I wanted to post a fix for using this template with SketchFlow that ships in Blend/VS2013 (may work in 2012 but I didn't test).

Please read my instructions I've tried to be a clear as possible.
  1. You WILL need to download and install the SketchFlowWP7.zip file from this project (I also provide a copy in the link below).
  2. Extract SketchFlowWP7.zip and run the SketchFlowWP7.msi to install.
  3. When it prompts where to install choose the path to your copy of Blend. For instance for VS2013 it's default path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Blend"
  4. Next you will need to navigate down into the following folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Blend\ProjectTemplates\en\CSharp\WindowsPhone"
  5. Here you will find a file names csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip, delete it. Yes really delete it, you are going to be replacing it's contents in the next steps.
  6. Download the csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip from the following linkg - http://sdrv.ms/1hED9Cm
  7. Extract the contents of csWindowsPhonePrototype.zip and you will have a folder called csWindowsPhonePrototype
  8. Move the extracted folder into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Blend\ProjectTemplates\en\CSharp\WindowsPhone" directory. PLEASE make sure that you don't have a folder called csWindowsPhonePrototype inside of it, if you do it's that child folder you need to move.
  9. Now when you fire up Blend you should see an option for SketchFlow for Windows Phone.
Jan 21, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Found another issue, adding a page though the map will cause an error where it can't find SketchFlowNavScreenWP. I'll see if I can resolve it tonight and update the file on the link above.
Jan 21, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Ok I have a fix, it's manual and hackish, but it does work.

The FIX Part II: Electric Boogalo
  1. download the following 2 files from this link
    • SketchFlowCompScreen.zip
    • SketchFlowNavScreen.zip
      If you followed the above instructions the above file would have been installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Blend\Templates\en\CSharp\WindowsPhone". The SketchFlowNavScreen.zip file had to be updated with new references.
  2. navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Blend\ItemTemplates\en\CSharp"
  3. create a folder called "SketchFlowCompScreenWP7" and copy SketchFlowCompScreen.zip into it
  4. create a folder called "SketchFlowNavScreenWP7" and copy SketchFlowNavScreen.zip into it
Happy SketchFlowing.