Installation looks different?

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hi all,

After performing the install and creating a new project, Blend display's the 'App Start Screen' but it does not look that same as the screen shots.  Also, the SketchFlow Map is different.  Is there some additional setup that I need to do?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM

By default you should see 4 screens in teh SketchFlow Map when you create a new Windows Phone SketchFlow project: Search, Home, AppList and Screen 1 (which is your Blank start screen for your app and is selected by default).

Are you seeing something different? Can you send me additional details?

Thanks.

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for responding!

I spent the day uninstall all the related software I could think of, then installed the following.

1. Visual Studio Ultimate (MSDN)
  2. Expression Stuido 4 Ultimate (MSDN)
  3. Visual Studio SP1
  4. Mango Phone tools
  5. SketchFlowWP7.zip

At the end, the Blend project still does not look right.  There are no mock controls displayed in Blend.  To me it looks like the last step (5) never occored.  I would send a screen shoot, but I did not see away. 

Edit:  Forgot to mention that there are no Search, Home, AppList, and Screen1.  Instead I have "App Start Screen", "App Info Screen", and "App Setting Screen" and some shared componets StartMenu, PhoneUI, and ApplicationBar.

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Update:

It looks there were several several seperate things wrong with my installation, but I have them fixed now.  The biggest problem I was having concerning this WP7 Sketchflow project, it that somehow I managed to have the wrong (older?) version.  Once I re-downloaded the project, all things started working correctly.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff.

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Great news. Glad everything is working now!